It's here again! I have to confess that I absolutely love the Olympics. When I was little, we watched it religiously every time it came on. My mom, who is awesome, taped the whole thing. So even after it was over, we had the sheer joy of watching 27 snow skiers do the same run. Or every gymnast do her routine over and over again. There is just something about all these people, highly disciplined and trained, sacrificing all for that chance to be the best in the world. They have spent their lives training their bodies to preform to their very best ability, and I find it spectacular. For the short time we see them, there was literally hours and days and years of sacrifice to get where they are today. Now, older, I can't sit my whole day watching the Olympics, but if I could I would. So, I don't know where you will be as the games come before our eyes, but I will be in front of my TV with a smile on my face.
2 comments:
No need to worry about missing one minute of action. Go to www.nbcolympics.com. You will be able to watch every minute, including the ones you miss during the day, on your trusty computer.
I'd tape them still, but we finally got rid of all the old ones, kind of sad because of those marvelous couple skaters from Russia who's names I forget at the moment- but you know----he died-and I don't want to fill my world with new ones. So, I guess we'll just have to watch and remember! C
Post a Comment