Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Here comes the bride!

I thought I would be so kind as to compile alittle taste for your viewing pleasure as to what is going on in the planning of the wedding. I am aware that this is a topic much more interesting to my fiance and me than anyone else, but since my loyal readers only family and good friends, they will be obliged to at least appear interested. Or endeavor to stay awake. Or at least have open eyes. So, with that said, here goes.

1. We don't have a date yet. Yes, I know this should be up there in the importance level, but we are currently waiting on the good ole army to be able to plan a date.
2. I have a dress. I love it. It was perfect (and cheap, which contributed greatly to the perfection of it). It is not pure white, but ivory. No, I am not slightly tainted.
3. We're going to get married in the church were we met. All lovers of romance will let out a unanimous "awe!"
4. I have flowers to make, and I love them
5. I have a cake-to-be, made by a friend. It is,or will be, perfect. (yes, again cheap is included in perfection.) I could design exactly what we want: color, design, flowers, details, ect; and it will just appear! I love it!
6. I personally know a videographer and two photographers. I am thrilled by this.
7. My cake topper is the coolest thing about my wedding. I love it!
8. I already changed one of my colors. It was for the better.
9. I have potential bridesmaids dresses. This is a huge relief. All of the conversations about my chosen color for the dresses went something like this:

Person: So, what colors are you having for the dresses?
Bridezilla: Green. Or greenish, like sage. Well, its kinda sage, but lighter. Um, or darker. Like a sea green, but by no means minty toned.

Person: Oh.
Bridezilla: (looks around) That! Right there in that picture! Its perfect, only just alittle more, you know, vibrant. I have a ribbon here that's close, but that's not it.
Person: Oh.
Bridezilla: I got the color off one of the houses in my neighborhood. Is just right. Well, except alittle more cool and crisp looking. Like that hand towel, only not really.
Person: Oh.
Bridezilla: It exists.
Person: Ok.

It doesn't exist. The dresses aren't it, but they're close. Well, not too close, but close enough. I'm glad to have the probable winners picked out.
10. I have shoes. They are cute. They are not heels.
11. I'm in a quandary about my something blue and something old. I have my grandma's old ring set with a blue stone. Its old, and blue. I don't think it can share two things. I'll have to get blue underthings. Or old underthings. Hmmm....I should stick with the blue, huh? An old ring is always good......

Anyhow, everything is coming along, and not with much strain on the budget, either! :) I sing about it sometimes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear the song, if you please!!! It is fun being a little par of the wedding process, but I do wonder if your chosen one might object to the cake topper being the coolest thing about your wedding. Possibly he might think he should be!!! :) C

Writer's Block said...

I didn't consider my fiance a thing. ;p

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, but number 7. The coolest thing is the cake topper?. What about the bride or the groom? I know them and without a doubt they are the coolest.....

B

Cindy Lynn said...

I don't know what to comment on more, the bridezilla conversation or the "old underthings". I'm just glad you didn't mention borrowed underthings ;) I love reading all the fun news of the wedding planning!

Anonymous said...

Hear, Hear!! I concur with Cindy Lynn. I, too, like to hear about the wedding plans. And I appreciate the humor. Always good for a good laugh. Thanks!

Your cool Aunt! C

Writer's Block said...

cindy, could I borrow some of your old blue unmentionables for my big day? Three birds with one stone? anyone?