Thursday, October 23, 2008

Blessings

So, after nine months of my fiance' trying to get his packet approved to get out of the army in Nov, it finally happened. Yes, he's coming home for good Nov. 21st, just in time for some good thanksgiving fun. Mind you, this did not come easily. By the time it was done, we had to contact our senators and congressmen, who with amazing haste got involved. In fact, a nine month problem was solved in two weeks or less. It was amazing. Impressive. Pretty sure if they had not contacted the base we would still not know. This approval means several things.
1. First, and most importantly, God is good. This was also a nine month prayer request. We're so happy to have it answered.
2. My charming husband to be will not be going to be deployed again, or held back from getting out on time. In fact, he missed the stop loss date by two days. 48 hours. But, he's out of that window, so no Afghanistan for him.
3. In less than a month, we won't be a long-distance couple anymore. Looking forward to that. You know, the kinds of couples where they can see each other everyday? Odd...
4. We have a wedding date. Feb 21, 2009. Be there. All of you.
5. We have a wedding date. I have alot to do. Like alot.
6. Time, all of a sudden, slowed to a stop. What? Why?
7. We're two happy campers

Its nice to be at that place where it all worked out, with the stresses of a crappy situation behind you. Not saying there's not more ahead, but for today, who cares? There are very blue skies out and its nice. For those of you who's skies are alot darker, I'm really sorry. Its hard and it stinks and there's not getting around that. But today, my skies are very very blue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord, He is very good indeed!!!! Even if the answer had been Afghanistan, He would still be very good indeed, just alot less pleasantly good at the moment. I read a quote the other day which said, "The will of God is just what I would choose if I had all the facts as God has them." Pretty good.
I'm sooo thankful for your blue skies, and we'll keep praying for our loved ones still in the dark!!! c

throughHislens said...

that's the day I will be coming home too :)

glad things worked out!