There's a country song on the radio. It doesn't apply to me except for the one line "pictures, dishes and socks, its my whole life down to one box!" Its funny how fast a well-built team of me, my betrothed, my parents, his parents, my bro, his bro, my sister and her husband, and some friends can grab everything you own, shove it in a box, shove it in a uhall, shove it in a new place, and be done with it. The apartment is really cute. It's very spacious, working fireplace, spare room. It was a good deal too. The spare room is mostly bookcases, with an enormous closet that stole my heart at once. Its the closest thing to my dream closet I have seen. (my dream closet is another, and longer, blog) It already works as a storage shed. My fiance and I together have a very large amount of books.
The dining room is great. Cute table (free from a friend), got the pics up today. Looks great. Just missing, oh yeah, chairs! Well, no one said it was perfect yet.
The kitchen is coming right along. A scattering of things about making up the beginnings of a functioning room. Spoons, for example. We have one good spoon, one kids spoon shaped and colored like an ice-cream cone, and a baby spoon from who knows where. My fiance came equip with every kitchen appliance known to man, and I brought to the relationship enough good dish sets to drown a dinghy. So we're not doing to bad.
The living room is a gem. A gem I say! From his unique army picture over the beautiful backless sofa, the working fireplace with mantle, the wonderful Lane chest used as a coffee table, its a wonderful room, my favorite so far. The desk and bookcase cozy in the corner, the TV on the wood stand, cute love seat, nice pictures, its a lovely room. The fireplace and wooden things make it look rustic and cabin like, and the couches and colors make it more modern. I just love it. I could look at it all day.
The bathroom, on the other hand. The bathroom. The tiny, walk-through affair has nothing to boast about other than working utilities and I am glad we registered for cute bathroom sets to make it doable.
The bedroom will be great, once it's done, Right now its more or less furniture shoved in a room, a mattress on the floor, and blank walls. Not much to say about it. I'd better give an update when it's looking alittle better. For now, well, it looks like the bachelor pad it temporarily is. More to come, or come visit!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree with your analysis. You have a lovely living room, and a cute apartment, and a nice LOOOOONG closet, and a cozy, cabin-like screened porch, and a bathroom that looks like a cross between an old motel (my view) and an airplane bathroom (your groom-to-be's view). However, it works, so that's the main thing. Plus, more than likely, every bathroom in your future will be an improvement, so that's good, too!!!
I'm happy for you both, and wish you many happy times in your first home!!!!
I, for one, will be happy to visit you there!! c
Sound cute, but pictures will help to visualize what everything looks like. Isn't it fun fixing up your own home and watching it go from a house to our home. I'm sure its adorable.
It is fun! can't wait till your down here and we can give you the grandious tour :)
Post a Comment