Thursday, February 12, 2009

Moving Day II

Well, a good month plus after the move-in-day, and some things around the home front are an all together braver affair. For example, I went and bought myself the lamps and shades I really really wanted off my registry. Happy wedding, Stacy. They are all that I hoped and more. We have lights in every room, pictures hung on each wall. After the more-than-generous turn out at the bridal shower, our kitchen is stashed in goodies, all drawers full of handy pans, cups, tongs, ect. After that day, towels, toothbrush holders, rugs, and dishes turned up where none had been before. That's fun. The MVP award is still the darling living room area, but the bathroom can be proud to own the Most Improved. We got nearly all that palm tree paraphernalia we asked for, and now the tiny "airplane bathroom" is just as small, but so much cuter! In fact, I rather like it. Yes, the lady who gave us the bathroom rug was told the small rug was more like a wall-to-wall than anticipated, but it is a cute room nonetheless, and I think time in the bathroom will be time well spent! Grab a newspaper and come on over!
The bedroom is sporting a makeover, and has much to boast about. My new pop and momma shoved us out the door with a free headboard and dresser, and bed rails appeared where there had been none. It is arranged in a much more becoming fashion. Truth be told, its about the only option for a good arrangement in that room, but it does look nice. Once the pictures were hung with care, it had gotten such a face lift that it was a very noticeable upgrade. Next stop curtains!
Its been more fun than I can say to make this little hole in the wall a comfy homey place. I'm glad we have had time to set up so we can come home instead of come back to...a bare apartment. That is a major plus. Although not perfect, it's ready for visitors, so come one come all!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You definitely have a gift, my child!!!! I wish all the bridal shower guests could read this! I plan to be one of the come one, come all. You have done a superb job, and have great taste!!! I am proud of you!!! c