After about seven weeks of marital bliss under my belt, I decided to pen my thoughts on this holy covenant.
1. Laundry. I did laundry for myself for like a dozen years. Now, add one person and some bedding, and its just a ton. I know its the golden chore. Put it in, and do something else. Still... I never felt pressure of laundry before. It was negligible work. Now, for some reason, also laundering one more persons clothes, and its a ton! He wears less than I do, too. Now, it seems not matter how much you do, the laundry thing is very full. Even if you manage to wash all the clothes, well, you're wearing something. So, congrats, you have the beginning of your next load. And your spouse is wearing something. So is you bed. You used a to towel. So, hmmmm. Laundry.
2. Cooking. Not as bad as I thought. I'm not a great cook, and mostly likely never will be. But, I can cook. Food. Its edible.
3. Dating is fun. We still date. I like it.
4. Old age. Last Friday (now keep in mind we were sick) We went to bed at like 9pm. We had grandiose plans to eat out, walk around downtown, movie. We took a 'quick nap' and set the alarm. We never got up. Yup, we're old.
5. Work was a poop this whole week. I'm glad its Friday.
6. I like watching the Office with pals. Its our Thursday double date. :)
7. It seems like there is always something to get done. Change my name, said laundry, ect.
8. We're going to Disney soon.
9. Decorating an apartment is fun. I like our home.
10. Marriage makes you gain weight.
11. My husband is wonderful.
12. My husband helps me out around the house. He makes me tea when Im sick.
13. I've been sick for two weeks.
This is my first update on marriage. I'll be happy when I feel better. Updates to follow on that as well.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Marriage...it is fun to read your perspective! The laundry thing is so true, unless you're a nudist living in complete nature---there is always laundry.
I will be so happy when you are finally well. You are too young to be old, both of you!!!!
I have eaten your cooking and it was very good. Most enjoyable!!!
We love you two. Mom
Thanks for the information. I can now offically blame my weight gain on my wife.
I find it interesting that Laundry was at the top of your list and the one you wrote the most about. Take a nice hot shower after a hard days work, light a romantic candle and enjoy a cup of coffee/tea. The laundry will get done in due time. Are you too clean or too dirty. My guess is too clean. Love you SMG
Post a Comment