I am, blogging. However, I just wanted to make a disclaimer. Although I am dabbling in this area of writing, my first love will always be my journal. From the lock and key diaries of my youth, to the attractively covered lined-paged journals, I have long loved them. And, although I like blogging, the comments back and forth, etc, I am going to write why, if my journal asked me to, I'd dump blogging to preserve the better relationship.
1. Some things are private, namely, the majority of my thoughts and feelings.
2. You can keep them stored away and laugh at yourself in times gone by.
3. Sometimes your thoughts are dumb, meaningless, crazy, nonsensical, insane. During these times, you can write in your journal till your pen explodes and no one thinks any different of you. Its like the friend who cannot speak.
4. When you are facing any number of emotions from blunt anger, unexplainable joy, whatever, you can write in your journal. You can vent your anger to someone you care about, and after you have cooled off, you rejoice that the trusty journal was the only one who saw the very worst of you.
5. Some emotions cannot be shared. (Biblical principle- the heart knows its own sorrow) No one else might fully appreciate them. You don't have to express them to an audience. Just you and your journal. For example, you tell me you lost your keys. I might know that it sucks, but only you really know how much your keys are on your mind until you get them back.
I guess it just amounts to privacy. So here are some of my thoughts. But, my journal knows me better.
1. Some things are private, namely, the majority of my thoughts and feelings.
2. You can keep them stored away and laugh at yourself in times gone by.
3. Sometimes your thoughts are dumb, meaningless, crazy, nonsensical, insane. During these times, you can write in your journal till your pen explodes and no one thinks any different of you. Its like the friend who cannot speak.
4. When you are facing any number of emotions from blunt anger, unexplainable joy, whatever, you can write in your journal. You can vent your anger to someone you care about, and after you have cooled off, you rejoice that the trusty journal was the only one who saw the very worst of you.
5. Some emotions cannot be shared. (Biblical principle- the heart knows its own sorrow) No one else might fully appreciate them. You don't have to express them to an audience. Just you and your journal. For example, you tell me you lost your keys. I might know that it sucks, but only you really know how much your keys are on your mind until you get them back.
I guess it just amounts to privacy. So here are some of my thoughts. But, my journal knows me better.

5 comments:
I have seen you laughing at your former self, and it would be a shame to miss that in the future, but with your great mind, perhaps you have enough in there to keep what you wish and share just a little??? Look who's talking---the pot had better quit calling the kettle black, don't you think? :) C
WB:
You have two teaching uncles! Please correct your link to help your readers differentiate between the two. May I suggest: "Best Looking Teaching Uncle." Yes, I think that will help your readers know exactly which blog you are linking.
B.L.T.U.
"Traveling"? OK, I guess that will work for now. In the future, you should consider something much more descriptive. Something like: Sophistic Scholar of Significance. That, Writer's Block, would be title of immense proportion.
B.L.T.U.
Just a thought. when I have thought of journaling, I always think of who will read my most inmer thoughts when I am gone and decided journaling is not worth it. But seeing your blog is thrilling so keep it up.
Noone will read them, Writer's Block. We are all too full of great manners!!!!! Sooo, write on!!! C
Post a Comment