Monday, August 11, 2008

Safe, but Seeking

I totalled my car today on the way home from work. It was my first major accident, and it was pretty scarry. I am doing great, happy and safe. I should mention that I wasn't at fault in the accident. However, the guy at fault wasn't driving poorly either. Just...an accident. So, I'm doing good and feeling very grateful for things I don't think much about, like being able to walk and run for example. The accident was much worse for my car than my body, but it just reminds you that anything can happen and we are blessed with alot.

Of course, I'm involved in a retrenching breakup now. My car and I have been dating steadily for over four years now. He was always very good to me, even when I was not so good to me (ask Kilikina, who commented that she wished I would get more tickets). I didn't see this coming at all, and am less then pleased to be on the market again. This feeling got drearier and drearier as dad read me the going prices these days. When I was last car-single, it was quite a different dating scene. So, I'm beginning to compose a letter to E-Harmony.


Destitute young woman seeks single car: must be younger, good-looking, knows how to treat a lady, fast-pace lifestyle is approved. Must be willing to sell self for much less than the going price these days.....call me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are very grateful you are safe, and I must say judging from your old-car boyfriend looks, you could have not been safe sooo easily.
I am glad that, as you search for your new car-love, you have been perfecting the hard-to-get persona all these years. I'm sure it will help in the final negotiations--- which makes you sound like a different type girl than we all know you are!!! Careful out there; its a big bad carlot world! C

Cindy Lynn said...

Hysterical!! I know, first I was completely concerned that you were safe, but then I read that car classified ad and completely fell apart with laughing! My favorite part is when you suggest they be willing to sell themselves for less than they deserve ;) That's good stuff!

throughHislens said...

glad you're ok!

you need to put that last bit in the pennysaver ;P

Writer's Block said...

well, in case your wondering how my search for Mr. Right is coming...
I called to get a rental car. A stand-in relationship is better than none at all. A nice little compact car.

End result? I'm driving a F150 till Sunday. Yes, I too would stay off the roads.