I remember a time where my bedroom was really cute, clean, and decorated. It was a reflection of me. Roomy. Dusted. Clean. Organized. Very organized. Now, with T-minus two weeks until my fiance gets an apartment and I can start to bring my stuff over in stages, my room is none of the above-mentioned things. Its messy. Its cluttered. It looks like a furniture store. There is my and my fiances clothes everywhere. A pan in my closet. Wedding decorations on the couch that inhabits half of my room. A table top and wedding photos shoved behind the dresser. A large-sized wooden chest covers the floor of my closet. Inside, party favors, games, miscellaneous junk, stuffed animals. A huge picture under the bed. Rugs and extra blankets in stacked piles. A cake topper. Unity candle. Pictures to hang on the apartment walls. Fortunately my brothers closet suffered a wedding dress and some bridesmaid dresses, and the porch is filled with silk flowers made into bouquets. Dishes are in boxes in the garage. But...its a mess in there. A mess I say. Two weeks, and it will be less crowed, more messy. With the big furniture moved out, books will be in stacks, clothes in crates until it all finds its way to a new home. At 24 years of age, a home to call my own in sounding better and better!
Thursday, December 25, 2008
My Bedroom
I remember a time where my bedroom was really cute, clean, and decorated. It was a reflection of me. Roomy. Dusted. Clean. Organized. Very organized. Now, with T-minus two weeks until my fiance gets an apartment and I can start to bring my stuff over in stages, my room is none of the above-mentioned things. Its messy. Its cluttered. It looks like a furniture store. There is my and my fiances clothes everywhere. A pan in my closet. Wedding decorations on the couch that inhabits half of my room. A table top and wedding photos shoved behind the dresser. A large-sized wooden chest covers the floor of my closet. Inside, party favors, games, miscellaneous junk, stuffed animals. A huge picture under the bed. Rugs and extra blankets in stacked piles. A cake topper. Unity candle. Pictures to hang on the apartment walls. Fortunately my brothers closet suffered a wedding dress and some bridesmaid dresses, and the porch is filled with silk flowers made into bouquets. Dishes are in boxes in the garage. But...its a mess in there. A mess I say. Two weeks, and it will be less crowed, more messy. With the big furniture moved out, books will be in stacks, clothes in crates until it all finds its way to a new home. At 24 years of age, a home to call my own in sounding better and better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am looking forward to seeing your finished product of an apartment. I know it will be cute and tidy and a reflection of both of you. Very nice, indeed. However, on the home front, it is going to be empty and lifeless, and a touch sad and lonely. It will also be nice in its own way, I think.... I hope.... I think.
Post a Comment